Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mainstream doesn't work for me

I've never liked anything mainstream. I drive a rare car. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Ford or a Honda. Unless it was an RS200 or an NSX. But again, rarities.
I tend to like weird music. I seek it out. I love foreign stuff that no ones ever heard of. And if music I like gets popular, usually my interest wanes. I'm not sure if that's because the music starts to suck or if it's just because they're popular.
I can't fall into the lines of either of the two political parties. I like Ron Paul. Not because he's out of the mainstream, but because I genuinely like what he has to say.
I'm starting to think that my phone is getting a little to common. I've been thinking about getting a weird Chinese cell phone or a Nokia E90 or E71. Something no one else has.
I like having something that no one else has. Everyone has an ipod, but I'm the only person I've ever met that has owned an Archos, and I've had two. Speaking of, being unique does have it's benefits. I don't have to use itunes.
I like running Ubuntu. The drawbacks are very small. And other than not being able to run the Blackberry Desktop Manager, I can't think of any right now. I look down upon the sheep still running Windows and OS X. What's the benefit there? Nada.
I really like my green shoes. I did see a dude one time wearing green Crocs, but clearly he was metally disabled, and Crocs aren't real shoes.
So I wonder if all this is why I'm into weird girls. I'm pretty confident I could never have a normal relationship. That would just be weird.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This is a very accurate description of yourself.

Home said...

Yes it is JMCOON go die in a hole