Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ten Four

It's not that I'm resentful. I'm not bitter and I doesn't worry me. I'm not a material person. I always try to be thankful and gracious. But I like stuff. Everyone does. I like tools, I really do. I can use tools every day. In fact, I just like having them around. I like to have useful things nearby, whether I use them all the time or not. But really, what am I going to do with a toolset right now? It's sorta like a Shopvac, perhaps I will find it to be greatly useful someday. But I don't have a garage or a shop. I don't work on my car unless I absolutely need it. And I get by. I'm not doing motor swaps. I'm not even wrenching together furniture. I like my music, I always have. I like collecting music. My mp3 collection holds great pride for me. Especially when I think of all the time I spend searching for and downloading it all. Hell, sometimes I enjoy music more than I do driving. And we all know how I love driving. But the two combined are absolute bliss. Now this is where the stop-gap fits into the picture. Currently the only way for me to listen to my music in the car is to pick some songs or an album, and burn it to a cd. Then play the cd with my 8-year-old, battery-sucking cd player, through the cassette adapter... Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I still blissfully enjoy it. But then I think about the song I just downloaded and left off the cd. Or that one song that someone wants to hear but 'oh, I'm sorry, I have it, it's just at home on my computer'. I need an mp3 player and badly. I'm sorry, I live in the Playstation generation. Want it now, and I want it all. Everything should be right there in the palm of my hand 100% of the time. The technology exists. I feel myself worthy of this technology considering I have completely exhausted the previous generation's. Most people never learned to set the timer on their VCR, yet now they have a DVD player. They are not worthy. Most people can figure out how to set a custom ringer on their cell phone. I use every singe feature on my cellphone, with the exception of Bluetooth which is a different issue entirely, I refuse mirror Geordi La Forge and walk around with a blinking blue light in my ear. Moving right along, perhaps it's my complete uniqueness that compels a person to try to push me into one door or another when it comes to personality and hobbies. I jump from trend to trend, hobby to hobby, passion to passion. I'm not a butterfly, but I never completely commit myself to one topic or the other. I give out equally and I am equally passionate about everything I do. But I still love my music.

2 comments:

. said...

we both need these MDC plainers you speak about.

Ben Marvin said...

OMg, like the color scheme is so retro-futuristic on the U2 iPod, and like Bono is like such the humanitarian, I hope he take the money he makes from my purchase and spends it on U2 ipods and U2 cds for all the starving Aids kids in Africa, they really need our money!!!!!!!

Fucking douche...Bono.